November 26, 2013

He Eats Like a Bird


This is my son, Jeremy.

He eats like a bird.


I submitted this layout in one of the challenges during Cocoa Daisy's Fall Crop earlier this month, and
I won!!
 Happy Happy Joy Joy!!



Somehow the kid keeps growing.  He's 14 years old and over 6 feet tall!

The challenge was to use various types of stitching, including some specialty embroidery stitches.
 These bird footprints were inspired by a stitch called the "Y".  


He tells me, "I'm just not a food type of person."

I added these stamps on the back of my journaling card with one of the funny quotes Jeremy has been
known to say in response to our wonderment of his lack of culinary inclinations.


I'm waiting…perhaps impatiently….

Seriously.  I cannot wait.  I'm a bit on pins and needles about it.


I wonder if he will leave the nest with his little birdie appetite.

I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself for my paper and embellishment choices. :)
Birds, feathers, the background paper echoing the footprints, a stamped nest and a clock for my waiting and wondering, the ruler as he grows, and the train schedule that mimics meal times.  High five!



This is my son, Jeremy.





And also, he hates this layout.  Just thought I'd better mention that.  :(
Luckily, I can still take him in an arm-wrestling match.
I tell you though, don't challenge him to a battle of wits.

He'll annihilate you.

Scatter some seeds on the ground and RUN!

Lol!

Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love that boy, and Love his Clever Mother! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa you made me laugh with this page! It is certainly worthy of the win! You've got some serious stitching going on....the bird footprints...BRILLIANT! I'm totally jealous as I can NOT sew. Love the art journally look of your son on the bird...so perfectly symbolic! I have a little birdie myself and I've begged, demanded, cajoled, yelled, pleaded to no avail. I'm resigned to the fact that as long as she keeps growing and putting on weight, something must be OK. :I (if that helps).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, questions, and feedback are much appreciated! Thank you!