July 02, 2014

New Love: Fabric Twine

I. Am. In. LOVE!!





I saw this tutorial for making fabric twine on Pinterest and just had to give it a go.  Finally!!  I'm putting fabric to use that has been in my stash for 20 years!!  (Not even exaggerating!!)





Once I had a good amount of twine twisted up I played around with ways to use it, from tying up pretty packages to making this:



I painted a canvas with a couple shades of brown, then covered it with a piece of burlap.  A bit of pinkish paint around the edge to coordinate with my twine, and then the fun of looping the letters began.


I used needle and thread to carefully baste and weave the twine securely in place.  What's next?  Words, shapes, pot holders, a rug??  Who knows!!  But I'm definitely going to be twisting up some more twine!!  



Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. I need pot holders! Love this. When exactly does your Etsy store open? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! I really need to get on that. When is your housewarming party??

      Delete

Your comments, questions, and feedback are much appreciated! Thank you!