January 30, 2015

In My Art Journal

Happy Friday!!

I am particularly happy this Friday because my hubby gets home from being in Taiwan for 2 weeks! The kids have been great with helping out, keeping us fed and clothed since my arm is still broken. We were cracking up at the state of our home, though.  Seriously, between work, school, a crazy dog, and me being out of commission, we have just been keeping our heads above water!

When Mike travels I often spend more time reading than usual, and I end up filling his side of the bed with books, crossword puzzles, journals and such, as I cast them each aside as I drift off each night.




This time, it being the start of a new year, I busted out a brand new art journal and kicked it off by taking an online class with May Flaum called "Finding the Art in My Journal".  Here's the first spread I made:



I applied a few different shades of green and blue to the background, and spread it around with a paintbrush and a palette knife.  A little mist through a stencil, then taped in a couple of blind contour drawings, a little journaling, and called it done...for now.  I will likely return to it for more journaling and/or doodling as the mood strikes.

After working in so much black and white last year, the color and fun of paint and wet media was refreshing.  I'm looking forward to getting both hands dirty soon!  Next week I should be good to go!

Thanks for stopping by!  Head over to May's site, www.craftwithmay.com to check out her art journaling class and several other paper-crafty subjects!  She is true blue and down to earth and an empowering teacher.

Also, sharing on Julie Fei Fan Balzer's site for her Friday Feature, Art Journal Every Day.  So much inspiration to be found there!

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, questions, and feedback are much appreciated! Thank you!