March 14, 2013

A Proper Lady


We have a lovely little tea room in town, The Tea Gardens, where we like to go every once in a while for a light lunch or afternoon nibble.  Jillian meets up with her girlfriends there on occasion, and has recently shared that she could picture herself being the proprietor of such an establishment, her art on the walls, her love of tea brewed into each pot, an eclectic assortment of elegant china, fancy little handmade sweets and savories.

I have a layout to share today that I made for Remember When, my local scrapbook store.  I was assigned Bo Bunny's new C'est la Vie collection, and well, was kind of stumped by all the patterns and girliness, the number of colors in the line which, on the one hand makes it very versatile, but on the other made it a bit overwhelming for me.  But, the papers also reminded me of my Jillian.  :)



I decided a try at monochromatic was the ticket.  I used Prima chalk inks to pink-i-fy the edges of some white Petaloo flowers, and used some beautiful petal-ly scalloped trim from Maya Road to create the large pink flower.




I think I need to sneak back into the store and add a few more details to the layout.  Maybe a seam-binding bow on the tag, and a doily edge peeking out of the right hand side.  I generally don't go back and re-do things--life is too short.  But, it just seems like something is missing…...


One of the pretty brads from the Bo Bunny line in the center of the pink flower, and some penned outlines on the chipboard letters to help them stand out a bit. 

I'll have to do a post sometime with a photo montage of Jillian's fashion style.  She really has a unique look, puts together such cool outfits, and loves poufy, flowery, feminine things.  My princess. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lisa! Well this is a perfect page for a daughter who loves things feminine and flowery! It's very pretty with the flowers and bling! I have a tough time with mixing patterns too so I'm practicing :D Hope things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page for beautiful Jillian! love that girl!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, questions, and feedback are much appreciated! Thank you!