May 08, 2014

Close Knit Mini Album


Hello, peeps!  My exciting news of the day is that I've been asked to join the Design Team of my new local scrapbook store, Craft Envy!  My first assignment was using Crate Paper's "Close Knit" collection.  I adore the woodgrains and color palette of this line, and decided to make a mini album with some of my Instagram and phone photos.


I used leaves cut with Tim Holtz's "Spring Greenery" die with white copy paper for a soft, delicate unifying motif on each page, as well as hand-cut hearts.


The album is 4x6 inches in size, with a few of the pages cut to smaller odd sizes for interest and to make use of specific portions of scrap pieces.

When I make mini books like this, I often get so excited by the papers and the creating that I don't give enough forethought to how I'm going to bind it together at the end.  I photographed everything pre-bound, then took it into the store to find the proper size binder rings to make an easy job of it.


The text paper is from a 6x6 pad of the Basic Grey "Capture" line.

The cut-apart sheets in the Close Knit collection have so many cute elements to use for embellishing, and are perfect for an album or layout about family or specific family members.


I also used the paper bag from the shop to add in some not-quite-translucent layering.

Mike is a very smiley guy, so this mask isn't too far off from his usual face.  Lol!


















The "Life is about..." sticker is from My Mind's Eye "Now and Then".  

The best thing is that my family loved flipping through this collection of random, everyday shots.  Definitely encourages me to keep on with documenting the "small" stuff.

Thanks for the look-see!  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, questions, and feedback are much appreciated! Thank you!