May 24, 2014

Sweet Seventeen


We celebrated Jillian's 17th birthday last month!  When I received this adorable Chickaniddy "Twirly Girly" paper from Craft Envy, I knew I'd just found the perfect palette for the pix of her birthday lunch.

A single squirt of Heidi Swapp Color Shine in the center of plain white card stock made for an easy start to layering up the cute cut-apart sheets that are part of the collection.

Color Shine is my scrapbooking equivalent of Frank's Red Hot:
"I put that $%&*# on everything!"


Those paper party straws are all over Pinterest, and I couldn't wait to use one on a layout.  A little baker's twine, banner stickers, and paper scraps made for an easy and festive embellishment. 





I wanted to journal but didn't want it completely hidden on a tucked away tag, or to overpower the layout composition with a bunch of heavy text.  Using a clear glitter pen allows the journaling to be read as if it were light pencil at one angle, and turn into a subtle, shimmery highlight when tilted away.  Exactly the look I was going for!




I doodled a vine of flowers mimicking the floral clusters on the paper to tie that subtle shimmer to the other side of the page.

That clear glitter pen was addictingly smooth.   I randomly traced other elements on the papers
and outlined hearts, frames, and flowers.  

We had a lovely time celebrating this milestone with Jill.  I'm making a mini album with some of the other photos from her day, and I will share it with you soon!  :)

Thank you for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, questions, and feedback are much appreciated! Thank you!