May 06, 2014

Current Obsession: Paper Beads


We had a stack of fliers at work promoting a weekend Cinco de Mayo celebration that took place on Saturday, May 3rd.  It seemed a shame to toss them into the recycle bin.  They were glossy printed on both sides of a heavy sheet of paper, and the festive colors were so fun!  I felt they needed to be used for something greater than pulp and made a few paper beads.






I love them!  And I have plans for them--a wall hanging, kind of like a beaded curtain.  I am now obsessing over them, and was awake in the middle of the night planning other bits to work into the design.  



There are so many different shapes and renditions of paper beads with plenty of tutorials online like this one at www.bigbeadlittlebead.com. I am embracing the wonky, and choosing to hand cut my paper without ruler, measure, or straight edge.  Super fun!

Have you ever made paper beads?

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. I love making paper beads too. I found a great tool for making the task a bit easier. I wrote about it here, if you're interested:

    http://creativeupcycling.blogspot.com/2012/05/nifty-tool-for-making-paper-beads.html

    Paper bead is just one more craft with the power to be highly addicting!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, questions, and feedback are much appreciated! Thank you!